- 1977 / BS / University of Southern California - 1981 / MD / University of Southern California
- 1985-1995 / Fellow, Instructor, Assistant Professor / Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School - 1995- / Current Positions-David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA / Professor of Medicine and Physiology / Chief, Division of Endocrinology, Hypertension, and Diabetes / Executive Vice Chair for Recruitment, Department of Medicine
Publications Featuring Research Findings
1. Mandel SJ, Larsen PR, Seely EW, Brent GA. Increased need for thyroxine during pregnancy in women with primary hypothyroidism. N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 91-95.
3. Kogai T, Sajiid-Crockett S, Newmarch L, Liu Y-Y, Brent GA. Phosphoinositide-3-kinase (PI3K) inhibition induces Sodium/Iodide Symporter (NIS) expression in rat thyroid cells and human papillary thyroid cancer cells. J Endocrinology 2008;199:243-252.
4. Kogai Y, Liu YY, Richter LL, Mody K, Kagechika H, Brent GA. Retinoic acid induces expression of the thyroid hormone transporter, monocarboxylate transporter 8 (Mct8). J Biol Chem 2010; 285:27279-27288.
5. Liu YY, Ayers S, Milanesi A, Teng X, Rabi S, Akiba Y, Brent GA. Thyroid hormone receptor sumoylation is required for preadipocyte differentiation and proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2015; 290:7402-7415.
- 1996 / Knoll Mentor Award, Endocrine Society - 1996 / Van Meter Award, American Thyroid Association - 2001/ American Society of Clinical Investigation (elected) Lucien Guze Golden Apple Teaching Award UCLA Class of 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2016 - 2005 / Kaiser Permanente UCLA School of Medicine Excellence in Education Award - 2007 / Association of American Physicians (elected) - 2011 / Sidney H. Ingbar Distinguished Lectureship Award, American Thyroid Association - 2013 / Lewis E. Braverman Distinguished Lectureship Award, American Thyroid Association - 2016 / Distinguished Service Award, American Thyroid Association
[Meet The Professor] :Thyroid
Date & Time : April 21, 12:50-13:30 Venue : Calla
Using Genetic Defects to Understand Thyroid Hormone Action Gregory A. Brent (UCLA, USA)
[Plenary Lecture II] :Thyroid
Date & Time : April 20, 14:00-14:40 Venue : Walkerhill Theatre
Ka Hee Yi (SMG - SNU Boramae Medical Center, Korea)
Management of Thyroid Disease during Pregnancy Gregory A. Brent (UCLA, USA)